Learning to trade can be both daunting and exciting. Trading cryptocurrencies and crypto-based assets can be even more so. However, platforms like 101investing try to make the learning curve less scary. This is because 101investing and exchanges like it, take a trader-focused approach that aims to make trading intuitive.
In fact, 101investing is a trading platform that offers users access to over 250 CFDs backed by 4 different assets. CFDs or Contracts For Difference are derivative financial securities. Of note, derivatives as an asset class offer exposure to an underlying asset without the investor having to own the actual asset. In this particular case, CFDs are derivatives that allow investors to bet on the underlying asset’s price movements.
In particular, an intuitive platform makes it easier for newbie traders to gain needed experience without making costly mistakes. This is especially helpful when dealing with volatile assets like cryptocurrencies. This is because cryptos are particularly prone to sharp price shifts. In fact, crypto prices can surge as much as 100% in less than a day.
Understanding how cryptos work can be helpful when considering trading crypto-based products like CFDs.
But, what exactly is 101investing, and what features and services does the platform offer? Read on to discover what makes this exchange so unique.
Table of contents
101investing Exchange Details
|Available on mobile||Yes|
|Number of supported coins/tokens|
|Number of supported trading pairs||N/A|
|Supported fiat currency|
|HQ Location||Limassol, Cyprus.|
|Company Owner||General Capital Brokers Ltd.|
101investing launched in 2020 and is owned by FXBFI BrokerFinancial Invest Ltd. FXBFI is a Cyprus-based and registered company. In fact, FXBFI is a financial services firm that is regulated by CySEC. Also, FXBFI is a member of the Investor Compensation Fund (ICF). As such, 101investing has both a high level of regulatory compliance and ownership transparency.
Notably, 101investing offers its users access to exciting features like demo accounts, educational content, commission-free trading, and leveraged trading. Leveraged trading, in particular, allows traders to increase their profit margins through borrowing.
Cyprus is an EU member state and as such allows a leverage cap of 1:30. However, as a platform that caters to novice and expert traders, 101investing allows pro traders to increase their leverage rate up to 1:500.
101investing also supports over 250 CFDs in four asset classes.
- Cryptocurrency- 20+ types including Bitcoin and Ethereum
- Forex- 45+ trading pair including EU/USD, AUD/USD
- Commodities- 15+ hard and soft options including gold, silver, crude oil, and gas
- Indices- Tracks top global indices like FTSE 100, DAX 30
- Stocks- 75+ from some of the best blue chip companies like Amazon, Amex, Sony, and Facebook.
Finally, despite being a young platform 101investing has won many awards already. 101investing has won several awards such as best new broker and best crypto broker in 2020. The platform provides services to traders in Europe. However, the platform is yet to expand to other regions.
101investing utilizes the popular MetaTrader4 (MT4) platform. The MT4 platform is popular with traders due to its user-friendly and adaptable interface. Also, MT4 offers functions like Signal and Market. In particular, the Signal function supports copy trading which helps novice traders copy trading strategies from pro traders.
The Market function, however, provides detailed market analysis, technical indicators, and expert advice. In addition, MT4 works on most browsers and is also available for download.
Also, 101investing offers margin trading, which allows traders to leverage their investment through borrowing. However, the platform is operational 24/7, but customer support is only available 5 days a week during business hours.
Finally, 101investing caters to a wide user base through several account options.
101investing offers several account types that cater to different user needs. The platform not only has retail and professional accounts, but it also has different account tiers that offer different benefits.
101investing accounts are available in Silver, Gold, or Platinum. The Silver account supports basic trading functions. However, Gold and Platinum accounts offer more rewards and benefits.
101investing also supports inclusive trading with Demo, Professional. and Islamic accounts. Demo accounts allow users to gain trading experience in a safe space, while Islamic accounts are Sharia compliant and do not offer interest and swaps. Finally, professional accounts cater to traders who are used to managing large portfolios of at least $500,000.
|Spread||0.07pips||0.05 pips||0.03 pips|
|Dedicated Account Manager||No||Yes||Yes|
A 101investing account is easy to open. In fact, the platform provides an easy-to-fill online form. All you need to do is fill in your details and submit the form along with supporting documents. In addition, you will need to make an initial deposit of $250, or equivalent in select currencies to activate the account.
However, opening a professional account requires a different application. For details, you can contact 101investing customer service directly on [email protected]
Fortunately, 101investing supports several deposit methods. These methods include bank transfer, credit or debit card as well as online payment methods. Thus, 101investing users can use Visa, Mastercard, eMerchantPay, Skrill, SafeCharge, Worldpay, Solidpay, Paydoo, or Neteller to make deposits.
Notably, 101investing does not charge a fee for deposits. By making it easy for users to make deposits 101investing is a good onramp to online trading, as it reduces barriers to entry.
101investing processes withdrawals through its customer support. Users can submit withdrawal requests on [email protected] at any time. However, the platform can charge fees for withdrawals below €100.
Other fees charged by the platform include a penalty for inactive. The penalty fee goes up the longer the account remains active. The fee ranges from €160 for 61 days to €500 per month for over 271 days.
However, 101investing does not charge a commission. The platform earns through spreads.
As previously mentioned, 101investing is available on the MT4 platform. MT4 has an intuitive interface that is popular with both novice and expert users. The platform also has a custom web and mobile platform.
- Flexible: optimized for web and mobile use. Can also be downloaded.
- Secure: uses encryption and is SSL certified. Also offers segregated accounts for investors.
- Multiple time frames: 9 options from one minute (M1) to one month (MN)
- 24 analytical objects for price forecasting: including charts
- 4 market order execution modes
- 30 built-in indicators: including technical indicators like Fibonacci lines and RSI.
- Full trade history
- One-click trading
- 24 Analytical Automated trading options
- Expert advisors and education content
- Strategy tester
- MOL editor
- Price alert emails
- MT4 Platform: User friendly hybrid interface that is optimized for web and mobile use. The platform is also fully synchronized, allowing traders to easily move between devices. It also offers many advanced features like charts, technical indicators, and dynamic analytics. In addition, the platform is comparable with most browsers, Android and iOS.
- Product range: Over 250 CFDs backed by 4 different assets.
- 20+ cryptocurrencies
- 45+ forex trading pairs
- 15+ hard and soft commodities
- Global indices
- 75+ blue chip stocks
Despite being in operation for only a year, 101investing has already won several key awards including:
- World Finance- Best cryptocurrency broker 2020
- AtOz- Best new broker in Europe 2020
- Brokercheck- Best Fx broker in Europe 2020
Pros and Cons
- Low barriers to entry with low fee and no commissions trading.
- Uses a popular user friendly platform.
- Intuitive one click trade execution.
- Automated trading.
- Analytical tools including technical indicators.
- Supports copy trading.
- Supports margin trading.
- Fast trades execution.
- Trading flexibility thanks to mobile optimization and platform download option.
- Offers educational content and expert support.
- High level of regulatory compliance.
- Traceable and transparent ownership.
- Segregated user funds.
- Enhanced security through encryption.
- Inclusive trading through different account types like Islamic and demo accounts.
- Unavailable in many countries outside the EU.
- Does not support MetaTrader 5.
- Only offers CFDs
- Services offered: 3.5/5
- Cryptocurrency support: 3/5
- Fees: 3/5
- Security: 4/5
- Review Score: 3.5/5
101investing is a highly accredited platform having won several awards last year. The platform is also owned by a reputable company in the financial services sector. In addition, 101investing is regulated by CySEC, Cyprus’s regulatory authority.
This means that the platform has a high level of regulation and transparency. This is not a common feature for scam exchanges. However, we still advise that users take caution when trading online. CFD trading is highly speculative and can lead to great losses.
However, 101investing has gone to great lengths to mitigate the high-risk factor by providing copy trading, dedicated account managers who offer expert advice, as well as inherent analytical tools on the platform.
In conclusion, we believe that 101investing is a legitimate trading platform, but always remember to never invest more than you can afford to lose.
101investing is a pioneering CFD trading platform based in Cyprus and licensed by CySEC.
We have found no issues regarding the platform. However, we always recommend that traders should still use due caution when trading online.
Opening a 101investing account is very easy and requires a few steps. You can contact the T1Markets customer support team for help if you are struggling to open an account.
Telephone – +357 80092740
Email – [email protected]
Online contact form – Contact Us page
Live chat – Located on the right-hand side of the website
Users can make payments on 101investing using credit or debit cards, bank transfers, or e-wallets.
Users can make withdrawals via [email protected] at any time.
Disclaimer: This material must not be used as the basis for making any investment decisions. This serves only as informative material about the crypto exchange. Trading digital assets involves risk and can result in the loss of investment capital. Always make sure to do in-depth research prior to engaging or investing in any cryptocurrencies.
To learn about the latest news and updates about 101investing, follow CoinQuora’s Exchanges News section.
- Theta Pushes Mainnet 3.0 Launch to June 30
- Graham Elwood Praises Bitcoin, Spends $1,400 Check on BTC
- Monacoin (MONA) Goes Live on Bitrue With More on the Way
- Crypto.com Launches Chain Mainnet, NFT Platform Next in Line
- Skrill Digital Wallet Extends Crypto Services To US States Via Coinbase Partnership