Agora, the firm that connects international companies to the Arab and African market, announced its decentralized finance event in the MENA region for the first time in history. This Global DeFi Congress event would be held on February 10, 2021, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Hence, different organizations such as the Sharjah Research, Technology, and Innovation Park, the Ministry of Science and Technology Policy of Japan, the governing council of the International Institute for the Unification of Private Law, and the workgroup for cryptocurrency regulation of the Ministry of Finance of Latvia will join the event.
The event is a one-day congress comprising collaborative strategic discussions on how to best build the open financial system. The congress is a bridge that will bring together investors, regulators, solution providers and experts to discuss, debate and challenge the existing financial system and propose ideas and opportunities on how to challenge and improve our financial system through DeFi.
The event will be centered on 4 topics:
- Who owns the bridge? The builders of DeFi platforms.
- Who regulates the bridge? Regulators and governance around DeFi.
- Who crosses the bridge? End-users of DeFi products.
- Who finances the bridge? Investment opportunities and challenges in DeFi.
The main focus of the event is a series of one-on-one meetings between DeFi projects looking to raise funds and pre-qualified investors looking to invest in DeFi.
Anderson Tan, co-founder of Alpha Omega Capital, said:
AOCP attended the third edition of the Global Blockchain Congress to raise funds and met over 20 investors here in Dubai, including the Sheikh Sultan of Sharjah, and we are very happy to announce that we just got our first investment deal for $1 million. Many thanks to Hadi and the team. You are a superman with the most amazing network of investors. Amazing event, best I’ve ever attended.
- Decentralized exchanges
- Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC)
- Prediction markets
- Yield farming
- Money legos
- Liquidity mining
- Lending platforms
Startup founders from all over the world need financial advocates on their side. Raising funds and receiving funding are vital to the growth and success of startups. Now is the right time for international startups to tap into a pool of highly engaged investors from the MENA region who are actively looking to invest in exciting and promising companies.
Some of the Speakers
- E. Naokazu Takemoto — Minister of State for Science and Technology Policy, Japan
- E. Hussain Mohammed Al Mahmoudi — CEO, Sharjah Research, Technology and Innovation Park, UAE
- Baiba Broka — Member of the general council, International Institute for the Unification of Private Law, working group member on cryptocurrency regulation, Ministry of Finance and Former Minister of Justice, Latvia
- Kristina Lucrezia Cornèr — Managing Editor, Cointelegraph
- Ralf Glabischnig — Founder and board member, Crypto Valley Venture Capital
- Mrinal Manohar — CEO, CasperLabs
- Peteris Zilgalvis — Head of Unit, Digital Innovation and Blockchain, European Commission
- Hubertus Thonhauser — Chairman of the board, Tezos Foundation
Some of Our Previous Speakers
- Andrea Bonaceto — CEO, Eterna Capital
- Fatma Elsafty — Blockchain manager and enterprise solutions, Du
- E. Zulfiquar Ghadiyali — Executive director of DIHC under the chairmanship of HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Sultan bin Hamdan Al Nahyan
- Iqbal Alikhan — Program director, blockchains and innovation, IBM
- Jorge Sebastiao — Chief technology officer, Huawei
- Navin Gupta — Managing director, Ripple for MENA and South Asia
- Zachary Cefaratti – CEO and principal founder, Dalma Capital
Interested participants can apply here
Disclaimer: Any information written in this press release does not constitute investment advice. CoinQuora does not, and will not endorse any information on any company or individual on this page. Readers are encouraged to make their own research and make any actions based on their own findings and not from any content written in this press release. CoinQuora is and will not be responsible for any damage or loss caused directly or indirectly by the use of any content, product, or service mentioned in this press release.