- Azuro officially closed its seed round of funding amounting to $3.5 million.
- Azuro betting markets are created by importing odds (via oracles) for real world events.
- Investors from betting infrastructure, sportsbetting lead generation and GameFI joined the seed round.
Decentralized betting protocol Azuro has officially closed its seed round funding amounting to $3.5 million. This successful raising of funds is made possible with the help of true value adds on the venture and the strategic partner side.
The investors that participated in the seed round event of Azuro which are now partners of the network includes, Gnosis, Flow Ventures, Polymorphic Capital, who lead the round, and Ethereal Ventures, Arrington XRP Capital, AllianceDAO (a.k.a. DeFi Alliance), Delphi Digital, Meta Cartel Ventures, Merit Circle and Clever Advertising (a top 3 global sports betting media).
These groups of companies that put their trust in the platform are also experienced in the field of traditional betting infrastructure, sportsbetting lead generation and web3, GameFI, DeFi, and blockchain infrastructure. Ricardo Pinto (Clever Advertising) said,
Azuro’s approach to decentralized betting has been long-awaited by the community. Their decision to build a base layer of liquidity will lead to the project having a profound impact on many future related ventures. We are proud to take part and to grow with Azuro.
On the other hand, the betting markets on Azuro are created by importing odds (via oracles) for events in the real world, live betting data. This enables sports, events and markets that are related to them to get started with competitive odds. Tommy Quite (Merit Circle) explained,
Betting will offer the GameFi space an enhanced experience and offer more options to devise play-to-earn strategies. It is a powerful infrastructure that we want to integrate into the Merit Circle Dashboard, a meta-game that will be a gateway to the Metaverse. This dashboard would be incomplete without a tailored betting API. Having extensive experience in the betting domain and with most of the current blockchain attempts to improve betting, we could think of no better fit than Azuro. Merit is committed to supporting Azuro in their mission to bring betting to the Metaverse.
- Cryptocurrency Regulations: Why Legal Foundation is Key
- SAVAGE Enlists Paul Nicklen to Show the Green Side of Crypto
- ICICB Group Launches The Fastest Blockchain Platform in the World
- How important is it to have Community-Driven Governance for a project?
- Monetary Authority of Singapore Allegedly Closes Crypto ATMs in the Country