There is a new kid on the block. Capixal exchange only launched earlier this year but is already making waves in the CFD space. The exchange currently offers over 350 listed products and is continuously adding to the number.
Notably, Capixal supports CFDs trading in 4 asset classes. CFDs are derivative financial instruments that enable the buyer to pay the seller the difference between the underlying asset’s current price and its future price at contract time.
In fact, derivative products allow traders to take positions on an underlying asset without having to actually own it. Thus, CFDs only trade on the asset’s price movements and not its actual value.
Currently, Capixal offers CFD derivatives based on the following assets:
Of note, cryptocurrency values have risen a lot, thanks to Bitcoin’s current bullish trend. The top crypto recently set a new price all-time high of $60,000. In fact, Bitcoin managed to set a new record despite the current bearish crypto market.
However, thanks to the crypto’s good performance, interest in the crypto market has risen. Thus, more retail and institutional investors are getting interested in crypto trading. Also, both new and old exchanges are starting to offer crypto-backed products.
However, with so many available exchange options, it can be hard to separate the good ones from the bad. For this reason, we are taking an in-depth look at Capixal to see if the exchange is safe for trading or not.
Table of contents
Capixal Exchange Details
|Available on mobile||Yes|
|Number of supported coins/tokens|
|Number of supported trading pairs||N/A|
|Supported fiat currency|
|HQ Location||Limassol, Cyprus.|
|Company Owner||IFC Investments Cyprus Ltd.|
Capixal started operating earlier this year (2021) but has quickly gained popularity. The exchange is owned by IFC Investments Cyprus Ltd. As such, Capixal is a Cyprus-based and regulated exchange. Also, Cyprus is a European Union member state. Thus, Capixal is also presumed to be EU regulation-compliant.
Of note, IFC specializes in financial trading as per Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) regulations. CySEC is the financial regulatory authority of Cyprus. In addition, IFC is also a member of the Association of Cyprus International Financial Firms (ACIFF). As such, Capixal has been able to leverage the solid reputation afforded to it by IFC.
Capixal allows users to trade on:
- Cryptocurrency pairs (e.g BTC/USD, ADA/GBP, DSH/CHF)
- FOREX pairs ((e.g EUR/GBP, AUD/CHF, USD/AUD)
- Commodities (e.g gold, copper, platinum, crude oil, and sugar)
- Indices (e.g Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P 500)
However, as a new exchange, Capixal is still expanding and is currently unavailable in many countries.
The Capixal interface is intuitive and very user-friendly. The platform uses MetaTrader4 (MT4), Web trading, and Mobile trading. The MT4 platform is a high-grade trading platform that offers users key support features. For example, MT4’s Signal and Market functions provide users with access to copy trading, market analysis, technical indicators, and expert advice.
In particular, copy trading helps new traders learn trading strategies by copying expert traders. Copy trading is very helpful as CFD trading can be very risky. In addition, cryptos are very volatile assets prone to sharp price shifts.
Moreover, Capixal offers margin trading. Of note, trading on margin allows traders to borrow in order to increase their investment returns. Capixal allows traders to leverage their positions up to 30 times in compliance with EU regulations. However, professional traders can increase their leverage margins up to 500 times through Capixal’s professional accounts.
In fact, Capixal offers several account options.
Capixal has a variety of account options and thus can cater to a wide user base. The platform supports three account levels in two classes. These account levels are Silver, Gold, and Platinum. In addition, each level has the option of either a retail account or a professional account.
|Spread||2.8 pips||2.0 pips||1.8 pips||Flexible|
|Custom news reports||N/A||N/A||Yes||Yes|
|Number of Languages supported||6||6||6||6|
In addition, Capixal offers a Demo account that enables users to familiarize themselves with the platform and trading strategies. Also, the demo account comes with free virtual currency that users can use to simulate trading under real market conditions. However, users are unable to keep the profits from the demo accounts, but they are also not affected by their trading losses.
Opening a Capixal account is quick and easy. In fact, the process takes less than 5 simple steps. However, to open an account, users must be over the age of 18. You can follow these simple steps to complete the account opening process:
- Open the account tab on the website and fill in the requested details like your full name and contact info.
- Upload the required documents for account verification.
- Make your initial deposit.
- Start trading on the Capixal platform or practice trading on the demo account.
Fortunately, Capixal’s intuitive interface makes the account opening very easy with single-click prompts and clear instructions.
In addition, for professional account opening, Capixal requires that users submit a financial portfolio worth at least 500 000 EUR.
Notably, to activate your account, Capixal requires that you make an initial deposit of at least $20. However, Capixal fortunately supports several deposit options. For example, deposits can be made using credit or debit cards, bank transfers, and e-wallets/ online payments.
The platform processes withdrawals through customer support. Thus, to make a withdrawal users must submit a request form to [email protected] Of note, Capixal has certain conditions for withdrawal processing.
Firstly, the account margin level must be at least 100%. Also, the withdrawal should not lead to the margin level falling below 100%. Secondly, the account should have no open hedged positions.
Provided that all conditions are met, withdrawals take about 24 to 48 hours to process.
Key Features and Functions
Capixal offers two platform options, namely the popular MetaTrader4 (MT4) platform and Capixal’s custom platform on web or mobile. Both platforms offer key features and functions designed to make trading easy for a wide user base.
- Low barrier to entry: Users can easily open their account with a low initial deposit of $20.
- Limited fees: Capixal offers generous swap discounts of up to 50%.
- Leverage up to 500x: Capixal allows users to leverage their positions with a limit of 1:30 for retail accounts. Professional traders, however, have the option to go up to 1:500.
- Supports multiple deposit options: These include Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, and Neteller.
- Multilingual support: Capixal platform is available in 6 languages including English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German, Swedish, and Dutch.
- Supports 4 asset classes: The platform offers over 350 products backed by 4 different asset classes.
- Optimized for Web and Mobile: Capixal is optimized for both web and mobile trading, allowing for greater trading flexibility.
- Mobile App: Capixal has a mobile app which is available on both iOS and Android.
- Automated trading: Platform has Stop Loss/Take Profit which helps limit losses while maximizing profits.
- Analytical tools: Capixal offers over 60 analytical tools including technical indicators
- Educational content: Traders can learn through articles, videos, and webinars.
- Dedicated account managers: Capixal offers this service for specific accounts.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Users can ask for real-time help and support at any time.
- Comprehensive trade summary: This gives a full history of all trades, including open and closed positions. Allowing traders to gain insight from past strategies.
- Web: This is a hybrid interface that is optimized for both PC and mobile use. The platform is fully synchronized, allowing traders to easily move between devices. It also offers added support for charts, trade mode alternatives, and dynamic analytics. The web platform also allows for customization and notifications.
- Mobile: This is a user-friendly customized mobile app that enables one-click trades. This also supports automated trading features like stop-loss and take-profit. Moreover, this is mobile-friendly without compromising on functionality.
- Supported products: There are over 350 CFD options based on 4 different assets.
Capixal allows users to trade on:
- Cryptocurrency pairs
- FOREX pairs
Controversies & Issues
The platform has no known issues or controversies to date.
Pros and Cons
- Intuitive and user friendly with one-click trade execution.
- Access to the MetaTrader 4 platform which also supports copy trading.
- Fast trades on both mobile and web apps.
- Trading flexibility thanks to mobile support.
- Offers educational content.
- High level of regulatory compliance.
- Traceable and transparent.
- Automated trading, including automatic stop-loss and take-profit settings.
- Offers over 60 analytical tools including technical indicators.
- Multilingual options.
- Available on most browsers.
- Offers leverage trading allowing users the opportunity to maximize their profits.
- Unavailable in many countries.
- Does not support MetaTrader 5.
- Swap charges are high despite high discounts ranging from 25% to 50%.
- Services offered: 4/5
- Cryptocurrency support: 3/5
- Fees: 3/5
- Security: 4/5
- Review Score: 4/5
In conclusion, Capixal is a young but powerful platform with a high level of regulation and transparency. The platform is also owned by a reputable company which should add to user peace of mind.
In addition, Capixal already offers over 350 products in 4 different assets including crypto. The platform is also very user-friendly with great user support through educational content, analytical tools, and dedicated account managers. Users can also access copy trading via the MT4 platform.
Finally, we have found no issues after thoroughly researching the platform and believe it to be safe. However, crypto trading is subject to many vulnerabilities, including wallet hacking, so users should still exercise caution. In addition, CFDs are highly speculative instruments thus users should avail themselves of all the learning and educational features Capixal has to offer.
Happy trading, and always remember to never invest more than you can afford to lose.
Capixal is a fairly new CFD trading platform based in Cyprus and licensed by CySEC.
Yes, Capixal is safe for trading, however, CFD trading is highly speculative and risky. Cryptos are also highly volatile assets and require caution. Thus, traders should still use due caution when trading on Capixal.
Opening a Capixal account is very easy and requires a few steps. You can contact the Capixal customer support team for help if you are struggling to open an account.
Users can make payments on Capixal using credit or debit cards, bank transfers, or e-wallets.
Users can make withdrawals on Capixal via customer support on [email protected]
Disclaimer: This material must not be used as the basis for making any investment decisions. This serves only as informative material about the crypto exchange. Trading digital assets involves risk and can result in the loss of investment capital. Always make sure to do in-depth research prior to engaging or investing in any cryptocurrencies.
To learn about the latest news and updates about Capixal, follow CoinQuora’s Exchanges News section.
- ADA Sells at $1.87 After Going Live at Coinbase
- Morgan Stanley to Buy Stake in Bithumb Exchange for $440M
- Crypto.org Chain Partners With Chainalysis Prior to Mainnet Launch