- Cardano block production is now 100% decentralized.
- A community of over 2,000 stake pools will now be solely responsible for block production.
LEVEL UP! So there we have it, 100% decentralized block production on #Cardano.
Thank you to each and every SPO and developer out there who has brought us here, helping build, run & grow #Cardano. This is a great moment. And we’re still just getting started. Over to you… 🚀🧨 pic.twitter.com/MexAv3HhNP
— Input Output (@InputOutputHK) March 31, 2021
Prior, a federated network made of seven core nodes ran block making on the network. Of note, the nodes were by IOG, Emurgo, and the Cardano Foundation. However, with this new step, the ADA community of over 2000 stake pools will take over block-making.
Also, the ADA transfer of block making from IOG was not quick. IOG slowly transferred power in a process that took months. Aparna Jue, Product Director at IOHK, noted that the process started soon after the network’s Shelly update in July last year.
Further, ADA is one of the first networks to take a scientific approach to blockchain building. The Cardano roadmap is one of the main reasons why ADA is so popular.
Aparna Jue also noted,
Peer to peer network decentralization is next in our sights, along with implementing advanced governance features to hand control of the blockchain over to the Cardano community.
Also, ADA’s Proof of Stake (PoS) protocol is very energy efficient. Notably, PoS requires energy equal to powering a single-family home. Besides, staking adds to network stability and security with the added benefit of making ADA more scarce. Added scarcity is a key feature that could also help ADA price to rise.
- 10 Best Ethereum Smart Contract Alternatives
- Trezor Scam Costs Iphone Users Over $1.6M in Bitcoin
- StormX CEO Simon Yu Confirms New Strategic Investors
- Ethereum Wallet Dharma: Connecting Crypto Directly To Your Bank
- Bytecoin Price Prediction 2021- How Much BCN Will Reach in 2021?
- Goldman Sachs Looking to Step in the Crypto Offering Pool by 2nd Quarter