- Cardano is now the second-biggest crypto unicorn in Crypto Valley.
- With a valuation of only $869 million, Cardano did not make it last year.
- Cardano recently became a multi-asset chain with the launch of the Mary hard fork.
In a recent report, Cardano is now the second-biggest cryptocurrency unicorn in Crypto Valley. To take note that last year, it did not make it in Zug’s Crypto Valley because of its low valuation. It was only $869 million last year, but this year its current value is $40.6 billion. They now trail only Ethereum according to the report.
Right now, Switzerland’s Crypto Valley has 11 unicorns which 5 of them have just been recently added.
On another note, Cardano blockchain recently became a multi-asset chain with the launch of the Mary hard fork. This allows users to create tokens that run on Cardano natively. Enabling new tokens was one of the first big use cases that caught on for Ethereum, fueling 2017’s multi-billion-dollar initial coin offering splurge.
Moreover, the top 50 companies that are based in the world’s biggest crypto hub have a total value of more or less $255 billion. They also received $3.7 billion in funding from investors as of late February 2021.
Given these facts, Crypto Valley, which also includes Liechtenstein, has now 960 companies. They have increased their total number of employees to 5,180 despite the ongoing challenges of the global pandemic. Wherein, cryptocurrency brokerage, and custodian Bitcoin Suisse remain Crypto Valley’s top employer.
- 3 Million Users Bring Audius to New All-Time High
- 22% of Goldman Sachs Clients Expect Bitcoin to Hit $100K
- Microstrategy Buys More Bitcoin Again — 205 BTC in Total