- Reasonlabs cautions that it has found a crypto-malware in Spider-Man ‘No Way Home’ by hackers
- The company advises users to be vigilant when downloading Spider-Man ‘No Way Home from torrent website
Cybersecurity firm Reasonlabs, warns crypto users to beware when downloading the new Spider-Man’s ‘No Way Home’ Marvel series from torrent websites.
The company mentioned that it has detected a malicious crypto-malware infection in the Spider-Man ‘No Way Home’ movie. Notorious crypto miners are defrauding people through torrent files in Spider-Man ‘No Way Home’ series, according to Reasonlabs.
This crypto miner adds exclusions to Windows defender, creates persistence, and spawns a watchdog process to maintain its activity.
Expanding further, Reasonlabs explained that it spotted Monero miners who were attached to Russian torrent files of the movie. This assures the firm that the malignant files originated from a Russian torrent website.
In this case, we are facing someone who has placed a Monero miner in a torrent download of what seems to be the new movie Spider-Man: No Way Home. The file identifies itself as ‘spiderman_net_putidomoi.torrent.exe,’ which translates from Russian to ‘spiderman_no_wayhome.torrent.exe”
Meanwhile, the Spider-Man: No Way Home series has hit the $1 billion mark at the box office. This makes it the top-grossing movie in 2021. To stop how people are immensely falling victims, Reasonlabs advises that users should always check properly and confirm if their downloaded extension matches the intended file. Alongside this, the company is working extra harder to fish out the ransomware criminal.
- THETA, Kadena, Voyager, and Zilliqa Becomes Top Cryptos of the Day
- Indian Police Commissioner Warns Against Crypto Frauds
- Women are Breaking the Stereotype and Securing their Place in the Crypto Space
- PeckShield Spots 46.99% Decline of MGAS Token, Cautions Possible Rug Pull
- Crypto Thought Leaders & Influencers Launch the First-of-Its-Kind Multichain Launchpad VLaunch
- Ertha Metaverse hits $5.4M in Funding Round, Launches IDO on Seedify