- First-ever Metaverse Fashion Week will be hosted on Decentraland.
- MVFW will happen on March 24 to 27.
- Big brands like Dolce & Gabbana, Dundas, and Elie Saab participated in the event.
Metaverse Fashion Week (MVFW), the first-ever fashion event hosted on the metaverse, is slated to occur on March 24 to 27 on Decentraland. More than fifty prominent names in the fashion industry like Dolce & Gabbana, Dundas, Tommy Hilfiger, Elie Saab, and Etro attended MVFW.
These brands can choose between showcasing their new collection or redesigning existing collections on the virtual reality platform. Furthermore, designers will also feature digital native names such as DressX, Auroboros, and The Fabricant who will host the runway shows.
As mentioned earlier, the Metaverse Fashion Week shall be hosted on Decentraland—a 3D virtual platform that is built on the Ethereum blockchain. With this, users can explore, buy and sell real estate, interact with others, and play games.
Sign up for the MVFW is free, however an Ethereum wallet is required for purchases during the event.
Meanwhile, a digital retail space in Decentraland called Boson Portal-Fashion District has opened a luxury shopping area that mimics the famed Avenue Montaigne in Paris. Here, each brand can sell their exclusive physical products as NFTs that are redeemable within metaverse stores.
What’s more, crypto enthusiasts on Twitter continue sharing their MVFW snapshots during the first day of the fashion runway. In one of them, Meta even went as far as replying to a tweet praising Dolce & Gabbana and Decentraland for ‘blazing trails’.
— Martin Shibuya (@martinshibuya) March 24, 2022
On the other hand, The Fabricant co-founder Amber Jae Slooten shared in an interview how significant this virtual event is:
If this fashion week facilitates a place and time for people to come together online and not have to fly across the world and create all of those physical items/waste to produce 10-minute fashion shows, this would save a lot of valuable resources.
- Boba, Cere Network Unite to Improve Builder and User Experience
- Vanuatu Announces Support for Satoshi Island Community Project
- Leumi Bank And Paxos Team Up To Accept Cryptocurrency Trading
- LG Electronics Adds Blockchain And Crypto As New Business Areas
- Splinterlands Hits Millions on Card Sales, Reaches 2B Games Played