- Dr. Luke offers label producers and songwriters payments in BTC.
- The payment feature is possible through a partnership with Bitpay.
Prescription Songs founder Dr. Luke is now offering payments in bitcoin (BTC) to the label’s producers and songwriters. Prescription Songs becomes the first major music company to offer payment in bitcoin, according to the news.
In Luke’s words — who has been in the production for over 20 years and not exempt from quarrels. Prescription songs’ artists have been actively asking him for a bitcoin payment option:
Prescription Songs has always been an industry leader in providing our songwriters, producers, and artists with the best services. Some of our creators asked about being paid in bitcoin. So we wanted to get ahead of the pack and provide that service. Bitpay is such a powerhouse in bitcoin. I’m excited to work with them in the music space.
Furthermore, the Chief Commercial Officer of Bitpay, Sonny Singh, understands that accepting BTC is only the first step for the music industry to start working in the blockchain sphere. Singh also praised the growing adoption of non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Notably, Prescription Songs and Dr. Luke have always been innovative with their musicians and songwriters. However, giving them the option to get royalty payments in bitcoin shows how cutting edge they are.
Furthermore, Dr. Luke is not a stranger to the crypto and blockchain space at all. In fact, the label founder invested in the North America-based digital asset miner Block cap.
- Elrond (EGLD) Price Prediction 2021
- $69M NFT Buyer MetaKovan Counts NFT Benefits
- Elrond Launches New Blockchain Explorer eGold (EGLD)
- Glassnode: Bitcoin Miners Accumulate Another 8,874 Coins
- Ethereum Hashrate Climbs Over 750 Megahash per Second