- A top Dubai police officer said people in Dubai have lost Dh80 million
- He said investors in the UAE should always do due diligence before investing
As per Tarek Mohammed, Head of the Digital Assets Crime Section at the Dubai Police GHQ, many cases have been reported to courts. Besides, he said that investors in the UAE should always do due diligence before making any decisions.
Tarek Mohammed noted:
When we tell this number to people, they say: is it really possible that Dh80 million was lost in the first half 2021? We need to safeguard ourselves. So always, always, always do due diligence with whom you deal with and work with.This is very important. There are great public resources on the Ministry of Economy website where you can have such information,” said Tarek Mohammed.
During a virtual session on “Mistakes to avoid when investing in crypto assets”, he said the Dubai Police are not reactive but instead proactive. More so, he said that some laws would be coming in very soon, giving clear guidelines on this sector.
Further, he also said investing in Bitcoin might give you a good return, but other alternatives can also provide a good return. Also, he urged people to follow their passion. Moreover, he noted that people can monetize their strengths and skills to make money. “Bitcoin is not your ticket to retirement,” Tarek Mohammed said.
Mohammed also warned against those who ask for peer-to-peer transactions because that could violate the UAE’s AML laws.
Nonetheless, he urged people investing in crypto not to put more money than they can afford to lose. Also, he said they shouldn’t take a bank loan or sell their cars. To finish, he added that if your cash is in crypto, you should consider it fun money.
- China Blocks Search Results for Top Crypto Exchanges
- CFTC Commissioner Calls Unlicensed DeFi ‘a Bad Idea’
- Enjin and Health Hero To Launch NFT-Wellness App
- Gifto Is Currently Bullish By Over 30% In the Last 24 Hours
- Fantom Blockchain to aid in the Modernization of Uzbekistan’s Technological Infrastructure