- Twitter user Doge Whisperer shared a tweet on Dogecoin nodes, calling for more to update.
- The tweet received Elon Musk’s nod of approval as he replied to it and said “important”
- It also included an infographic explaining how a larger number of nodes will lead to a decrease in fees.
Twitter user “Doge Whisperer” (@Tdogewhisperer) who shares crypto and Doge news on their account, tweeted yesterday an update on Dogecoin nodes, and Elon Musk has already marked it “important”.
Doge Whisperer shared important information regarding Dogecoin nodes, such as the fact that as of now, there are 205 total computers running the newest update. Moreover, the user called out to the Twitter and Doge community, saying that more nodes need to run the new update and more nodes need to be created.
Update on #dogecoin Nodes:
205 computers are currently running the newest update. More nodes need to upgrade to 1.14.4 & more NEW nodes are needed
Once a higher % of new nodes are running a new update will be released
It helps secure the network & lower the transaction fees pic.twitter.com/9rJInesewI
— Doge Whisperer 🐕 (@TDogewhisperer) August 29, 2021
The infographic shared by the user also elaborated the same point. It explained:
Once the node count increases, it will reduce the transaction fees for Doge by a lot. It will allow Doge to be circulated at a fraction of the current fees and entice more businesses to adopt.
Further, it also added that the new node version needs to replace the old ones for it to work. In which case, all older nodes need to update.
The user had also added information in the image on how users can set up nodes. This involved just two steps:
- Go to dogecoin.com
- Download the software on a laptop
This, the user explained, will help validate transactions and blocks for Doge.
Ever since the user-posted this tweet, it has received over 1100 retweets and 6000+ likes. What added to its popularity was also the fact that patron Elon Musk took notice of the tweet and responded to it. At news time, dogecoin’s price stood at $0.27.
- Cream Finance DeFi Platform Suffers $19M Exploit
- BSC Celebrates 1st Anniversary in Dvision Metaverse
- The Highly Anticipated 1.5.0 Update for 1inch DeFi Wallet Is Out Now
- Cool Valley, Missouri Mayor Wants To Give Each Resident $1k in Bitcoin
- Leading Digital Gateway Provider Copper.co Integrates Elrond Network