- Indian Corporate firms will disclose crypto under Standard SCH III filing.
- The Government seems to be planning on taxing crypto.
- These amendments came during a time of FUD in the Indian market about a complete crypto ban.
Reporting with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs under the company’s act 2013, Indian firms will disclose their crypto holdings in their Standard SCH III. In addition, the regulation could impact all the firms that have registered through the company’s Act. It is expected to receive input from the income tax unit.
— Varun | Blockchain Lawyer (@Blockchainlaw91) March 25, 2021
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs made recent amendments to the Schedule III of the Company’s Act. Moreover, this suggests that India might impose a capital gain tax on crypto holders especially corporate firms.
The amendment making corporate firms disclose their crypto holdings came at a time when there is a lot of FUD in the Indian market about a possible blanket ban. Even more, everyone is still confused about whether India will ban crypto in 2021 or not.
Furthermore, the transaction volume of crypto has increased to over 30% in India. This shows that India favors trading in digital assets. Moreover, all crypto traders, investors, and facilities in the country will face high penalties once the ban takes action.
Recently, India’s Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman gave hope to the Indian crypto space. However, she said that India will not ban crypto completely.
In addition, India is almost in the process of completing the approval of the digital currency in the country. Moreover, India considers Bitcoin, Tron, Tether, and Ripple as its most popular cryptos. In fact, if this regulation comes to life, India will be included in the list of crypto-friendly countries.
- Goldman Sachs File for ETF With Bitcoin Option
- Kusama Network Launches NFT Cryptoart Exhibition
- Argyle Coin CEO Angel Aman Escapes $4.5 Million Fine
- LPT Price Rises as Grayscale Unveiled Creating LPT Trust
- Vethor (VTHO) Price Prediction 2021 — Will VTHO Hit 1$ in 2021?
- Zeitgeist Uses Prediction Market Analytics to Improve On-chain Governance