- Apple posted a job listing for BDM who has experience working with crypto.
- The qualification includes in-depth knowledge of the alternative payments ecosystem.
- Apple finds its new way to bring crypto into its ecosystem.
Apple recently posted a job listing on May 26, 2021, for Business Development Manager — Alternative Payments, who has experience working with cryptocurrency. However, the person hired for this position will work closely with the Apple Payment, Wallets, and Commerce (WPC) team, in order to lead alternative payments partnerships, commercial models, defining implementation paradigms, finding key players, and managing relationships with strategic payment partner alternatives.
Notably, the qualification includes in-depth knowledge of the alternative payments ecosystem and more than 5 years of experience with digital wallets, Buy Now Pay Later methodology, cryptocurrency, and many more.
Apple Into Enter Crypto Space
This job listing indicates that the tech giant plans to enter the crypto market in some way. However, regardless of the way that Apple decides to mess around, crypto can substantially help to cement crypto as a legitimate thing.
Furthermore, crypto has been around since 2009 when BTC was first created. This idea of crypto really exploded over the past year. It could be Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), or anything else. Crypto gets more mainstream attention than ever before. More so, it is easy to purchase or invest in, however many stores accept crypto as a means of payments, and it looks like new crypto is emerging every day.
Recently, Bitcoin Archive made a tweet indicating that ‘Apple Pay + Bitcoin, Mass adoption will go’. All in all, Apple finds its new way to bring crypto into its ecosystem. However, this includes adding many crypto as a payment method on the App Store, creating digital wallets to hold crypto on their iPhone, or even allow people to buy/sell crypto via a new app.
There is no way of knowing for sure based on the job listing alone. But it is clear that Apple gets serious about crypto for one reason or another.
- Ripple CEO Speaks on Future of Cryptocurrency and XRP
- Facebook’s Evan Cheng is PARSIQ New Investor and Advisor
- Paysafe’s Skrill Releases Survey Results: 4 Out of 10 People Own Crypto
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction 2021 — Will SHIB Hit $.0009 in 2021 to 2022?
- NBA Hall of Famer to Go Against Phil Ivey and Joe Lubin in ConsenSys-owned Platform’s Charity Tournament