- Satoshi Nakamoto could be back again
- Two Bitcoin wallets were on the move after more than a decade
- The wallets contain 100 BTC — $5.1 million as per today’s BTC price ($51,000)
It’s no secret that Bitcoin was created by an individual or a group using the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto. More than 10 years ago, the Bitcoin whitepaper was deployed along with its blockchain. Now, after a decade of inactivity, two dormant Bitcoin wallets were on the move.
The event caused a commotion within the crypto community, with people thinking that it could be Bitcoin’s founder. After all, the wallets were left untouched for more than a decade.
Now, both wallets moved the bitcoins into one wallet address — fueling the speculation that it belongs to only one owner.
When the coins were mined back in June 2010, the price of BTC was $0.08. The wallet was worth only a total of eight dollars. In the present day, however, BTC is hovering around $51,000 each. The balance is now worth $5.1 million.
Could It Really Be Satoshi?
To this day, no one knows the true identity of Satoshi Nakamoto. After authoring and developing Bitcoin, the mysterious figure disappeared.
While discussing bitcoin online, Nakamoto never revealed any personal information.
- Bitcoin Sell-Off Pressure Intensifies — Is it Finally Alt Season?
- Enjin Coin Goes to a New All-Time High as NFTs Get More Popular
- Fund Manager Calls Bitcoin Useless, Shifts $750M to Polkadot and Cardano
- Why Is Bitcoin Price Going Up? Are Big Company Investments Driving BTC Price To All-Time Highs?