- McDonald’s jokingly said that it will accept payment via Dogecoin only if Tesla accepts “Grimacecoin’’.
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk has been urging McDonald’s to accept Dogecoin.
- McDonald’s tweet is in response to Musk’s latest tweet on having a meal at the food company using Dogecoin.
McDonald’s tweeted this in response to the Tuesday tweet by Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk claiming that he would eat a Happy Meal on TV if McDonald’s accepts Dogecoin for payment.
— McDonald’s (@McDonalds) January 25, 2022
Grimacecoin (GRC) is a purple-character coin issued on the Ethereum blockchain, which was featured in some of the marketing campaigns of McDonald’s.
Elon has been a staunch supporter of Dogecoin- a Shiba Inu-themed Japanese meme cryptocurrency started in 2013. Earlier this month, Tesla deployed Dogecoin for some of its merchandise. Elon’s tweet on January 25 helped boost Dogecoin price to stay afloat at $0.14 at the time of writing.
Recently, McDonald’s has also been tweeting about cryptocurrency, which paved the way for speculations on its Dogecoin acceptance. Two days ago, the company pinned a tweet that reads: “How are you doing people who run crypto Twitter accounts?’’ To add, many tweeps have been in the front row posting memes about McDonald’s and cryptocurrency, especially during the recent price crash.
- IMF Urges El Salvador to Remove Bitcoin as Legal Tender
- American Express: Crypto Rewards Possible; Card Still Unlikely
- NFL Star Loses 61% of $750,000 BTC Salary After Market Crash
- Portland Hacker Gets Access to Trezor Wallet, Recovers $2M Theta
- Currency.com Joins the Chamber of Digital Commerce to Push Mass Adoption of Digital Assets