BTC $44564.59 (-7.3%)
ETH $3118.44 (-8.5%)
USDT $1.00 (0.11%)
BCH $567.31 (-10.%)
BSV $150.82 (-4.1%)
LTC $163.28 (-9.3%)
BNB $380.40 (-7.1%)
ADA $2.11 (-10.%)
DOGE $0.21 (-10.%)
BTC $44564.59 (-7.3%)
ETH $3118.44 (-8.5%)
USDT $1.00 (0.11%)
BCH $567.31 (-10.%)
BSV $150.82 (-4.1%)
LTC $163.28 (-9.3%)
BNB $380.40 (-7.1%)
ADA $2.11 (-10.%)
DOGE $0.21 (-10.%)

Metis Launches NFT Called ‘Rebuilding The Tower of Babel’

Metis Launches NFT Called ‘Rebuilding The Tower of Babel’
  • Metis launches the first-ever community-based NFT, ‘Rebuilding the Tower of Babel’.
  • They aim to sell this NFT on OpenSea once it is launched.
  • Metis airdrop event reached a high number of participants within the first 90 minutes.

Metis, the project focusing on developing technical and organizational infrastructure for the Web 3.0 economy, announced its launch of the first-ever community-minted non-fungible-token (NFT). Specifically, this NFT artwork is called ‘Rebuilding the Tower of Babel.’

In the last few days, Metis was seen to have greatly entered the NFT industry spotlight. Notably, its launch came just a few weeks after the Toronto-based company raised $1 million in a seed funding round.

Furthermore, people showed much interest in their airdrop event. In fact, their airdrop event reached a high number of participants within the first 90 minutes. Initially, the event was supposed to last for 5 days. Hence, the tweet stating their gratitude,

We are overwhelmed by the success of our inaugural community NFT airdrop event and look forward to more events coming soon as we continue the Metis platform rollout.

Overall, Metis plans to create a versatile community and connect people from different backgrounds. This will represent an adaptable and formidable addition to the booming NFT industry. Additionally, Metis also believes the world can achieve amazing things through decentralized collaborations.

The ‘Rebuilding The Tower of Babel’ NFT

Metis aims to sell this NFT on OpenSea, Ethereum’s leading NFT marketplace. Remarkably, this purely digital artwork consists of 256 puzzle pieces, each representing a different Tribe. OpenSea will host the auction after the NFT-based digital work of art is minted.

Metis offers a disruptive layer 2 blockchain technology. With that said, Elena Sinelnikova, CEO and co-founder of Metis further explained,

By bringing power back to users, Web 3.0 will vastly improve financial inclusion and help bring the world together.

The activities set for the participants on the launch date were divided into five phases. These are Reserve Airdrop, Claim Tribe NFT, Community NFT minting, Auction, and Rewards. Users will have an option to create a Tribe, up to 15 people, and receive Metis tokens as an airdrop reward.

Interested users can sign up and form their own Tribes at Tribe.MetisDAO.org.

Moreover, all auction proceeds are to be shared among contributors. They will be giving back 70% to participating Tribes, with the artist (StarCloud AI) receiving the remaining 30%.

Recommended News

Britney is a market analyst who covers stories about the cryptocurrency world. She holds a Business Administration Degree in Finance and aims to let the readers understand crypto from a beginner perspective.