- Miami is planning to start Bitcoin mining.
- According to Mayor Francis Suarez, they want Miami to become the best crypto mining capital in the future.
- New York has issued a bill to stop BTC mining for three years.
Francis Suarez, the Mayor of Miami, has tweeted that Miami is moving to start Bitcoin (BTC) mining with good nuclear energy in the upcoming days.
This is another step by NY in the wrong direction. @CityofMiami can mine #Bitcoin w clean nuclear energy provided by @insideFPL….We want to be the crypto mining capital of the world and know it can be done sustainably and incorporate solar. https://t.co/qk3qs1vpA7
— Mayor Francis Suarez (@FrancisSuarez) May 5, 2021
Of note, aside from the BTC mining, Suarez expressed that they aim to make Miami the best crypto mining capital in the world. Also, according to Suarez, Miami can easily achieve its Bitcoin mining project via a sustainable and incorporate solar.
Moreso, Suarez disclosed the Bitcoin mining movement at the same time when New York issued a bill to stop Bitcoin mining. Regarding the bill, New York wants to stop Bitcoin mining activities unless the state evaluates its impact on the environment.
What is more, the bill will mainly check greenhouse gas emissions produced by Bitcoin mining on the environment. Specifically on water, air, and wildlife.
Talking about the bill, Suarez confidently said that the New York bill on Bitcoin mining will not help and it is in the wrong direction. In reply to the tweet, many of the crypto Twitter community responded that they agree with Suarez.
Many others also said that New York should go ahead with their bill on Bitcoin due to how BTC mining heavily consumes energy.
- New York Bill Proposes 3 Year Crypto Mining Ban
- EGLD Holders Can Now Compute and Claim MEX Tokens
- May The Crypto Be With You: QAN to Launch Star Wars NFTs
- ARPA Confirms Participation in Alibaba-led Submission to IEEE Standards Association
- Latvian Art Center Becomes The First Of Its Kind To Purchase KIWIE’s NFT Digital Art Piece