- Multichain users have lost more than $3 million due to a security vulnerability.
- The users criticize that the company is not unfolding crisp information about the issue.
- Affected cryptocurrencies include Wrapped Ether (wETH), Official Mars Token (OMT), PERI Finance (PERI), Polygon (MATIC), Wrapped Binance Coin (wBNB), and Avalanche (AVAX).
Hackers have taken advantage of the vulnerability of cross-chain router protocol (CRP) Multichain on January 17, leading to a loss of $3 million.
Consequently, many Multichain users have commented on the company’s Telegram channel and other social media platforms that the company fails to bring forth clear information on the persisting problems and lacks support.
What is more, VICE Motherboard Senior reporter Lorenzo Franceschi-Bicchierai tweeted that the hack against Multichain users is only getting worse.
Chainlink podcaster and commentator ChainLinkGod.eth 2.0 tweeted to more than 130,000 followers:
I can’t be the only one who’s incredibly confused by @MultichainOrg’s messaging here
Schrodinger‘s funds, both safe and unsafe at the same time pic.twitter.com/AW8s8aAhHk
— ChainLinkGod.eth 2.0 (@ChainLinkGod) January 19, 2022
The complication started earlier this week when Multichain urged its users to cancel approvals for six tokens to protect their assets from security vulnerabilities. These tokens were Wrapped Ether (wETH), Official Mars Token (OMT), PERI Finance (PERI), Polygon (MATIC), Wrapped Binance Coin (wBNB), and Avalanche (AVAX).
On Tuesday, the company tweeted that hackers had siphoned nearly $1.4 million wETH from the users. In December, Multichain, earlier known as Anyswap, had raised $60 million in a seed funding round led by Binance Labs. Total valuation of the company is $8.8 billion.
- EOS Network To Enter a New Era Led by ENF and Dan Larimer
- Spellfire Concludes Private Funding Round With an Astounding $3.8M
- Solv Protocol’s Convertible Vouchers Eliminates Crypto Startup Liquidation Risk
- BTC Holders Receives Over 25% Returns as Money On Chain Marks Its 2nd Anniversary
- Bybit NFT Platform Launches With Monster Galaxy NFTs, Artworks Curated by ONBD and REALY Apparel