- Pavilions Hotels and Resorts will begin taking crypto payments.
- With Coindirect it will accept over 40 cryptos for payment.
- Guests can make bookings and purchase property from the brand.
The popular hotel chain — Pavilions Hotels & Resorts, says it will start accepting Bitcoin as payment from July 7, 2021. So, guests can soon make bookings with BTC payments.
In detail, managing director — Scot Toon says they are working with Coindirect to confirm guest bookings with Bitcoin payments. More so, the partnership with Coindirect will allow guests to make payments in over 40 other cryptos.
At the moment, crypto payments cover two properties. These include the Thai resort island in Phuket and in Niseko, Japan. Also, the brand is looking forward to opening crypto payments to pay for other services and goods at its properties.
Additionally, Toon says,
Cryptocurrency is something that [Pavilions] saw is going to be around forever. It’s not going away anytime soon, and people are adopting it more and more over the last couple of years. People are taking it on in the retail sector, so it made sense for us in the travel sphere to take it on.
On the matter of possible crypto volatility issues, Toon is not worried. He says that fiat currencies are no strangers to price fluctuations. Since volatility is not new to finance, international businesses always carry on.
Besides, with Coindirect, Pavilions can choose to swap their crypto holdings to fiat at any time. Lastly, Toon says that it is exciting to see more and more users embracing cryptos. He believes it inevitable for the travel sector to fully embrace crypto payments too.
- TRON CEO: 10 Million Transactions per Day is Coming Soon on TRON
- Ledger Partners with Ovex to Secure Clients Asset Portfolio
- Harmony (ONE) Announces Full-Stack Partnership With Terra
- Filmio Uses Blockchain Tech To Democratize the Entertainment Industry
- Sygnum Becomes the First Bank To Offer ETH2 Staking