- Manchester City strikes a deal with OKX exchange.
- This will make the crypto exchange enter into a sports-lead world.
- OKB price surged up after announcing the deal.
The English Premier League Champions — Manchester City — announced its multimillion 12-month settlement deal with OKX crypto exchange. This makes OKX the official crypto exchange partner of Manchester City.
⚽️ We’re excited to announce our partnership with EPL Champions Manchester City!
— OKX (@okx) March 4, 2022
OKX, which is acclaimed as the second-largest crypto exchange in derivatives, will represent Manchester City’s women’s, men’s, and esports operations. This partnership will be one of its kind for OKX, as it marks the exchange’s foray into the sports world.
Furthermore, the deal will encompass a presence in each venue of Manchester City. Also, the 55,000 seat Etihad Stadium and the 7,000-individual capability Academy Stadium will be available in the deal. Moreso, the financial terms were not revealed, but as reported by Forbes, the terms will be split to take care of membership and the world’s sixth-most precious soccer staff at $4 billion.
Meanwhile, after the declaration of the deal, OKX’s coin — OKB — value rallied to a peak point at $20.6. At present, it trades around $19.11, with a market cap of $1.15 billion.
However, this is not the first time the English football club is riding on blockchain technology. It has recently disclosed building the world’s first football stadium in the metaverse with the help of Sony. The Etihad Stadium will occupy the metaverse world
OKX was formerly known as OKeX, which is a Seychelles-based crypto exchange launched in 2017. It has spot and derivative features, and offers various cryptocurrency tradings.
On the other hand, Manchester City was established in 1880 and is the top rated English football team. The home ground of the club is Etihad Stadium which is in east Manchester, England.
- Axie Infinity Tops List of Google’s Most-Searched NFTs
- Industry Experts, Regulators: ‘Bitcoin Cannot Save Russia’
- Bitcoin’s Mining Difficulty Corrects for the First Time This Year
- The Sandbox’s Recent Partnerships Brew Possible $5 Price Surge
- Meme Towers Finally Launches Its Much-Awaited Memeverse Token