- Qubit Finance suffered a loss of 206,809 BNB due to a hack.
- The hackers intend to create a big amount of xETH for extracting BNB stored on QBridge.
- Qubit Finance accounts to the latest list of DeFi exploits.
Qubit Finance has been the target of the latest high-profile DeFi hack. The decentralized lending and borrowing platform that works on the Binance Smart Chain protocol has recently incurred an $80 million loss.
Hackers have used their address to steal 206,809 Binance Coin (BNB) from the QBridge protocol of Qubit. Meanwhile, in response to the hack, the Qubit Finance team has tweeted a statement notifying their clients about tracing the hacker and the siphoned assets. The post also warned the exploiter to take negotiations before the company takes any stringent actions.
Blockchain security and data analytics company PeckShield has revealed that the reason for the hack is to create an immense amount of xETH (xplosive Ethereum) collateral. xETH provides a wallet service for secret transactions and brings more privacy to ETH payments. The hackers have created the scheme to drain the whole BNB stored on QBridge.
Moreover, CertiK, a blockchain security firm, pointed out that the deposit option in QBridge was prone to hackers with which they illegally minted 77,162 qXETH assets in Qubit. Rekt database informed that hackers have used such fraudulent activities several times to convert all the hacked assets to BNB, making it the seventh-largest exploit in DeFi.
Despite the crypto Industry broadening, fraudulent activities like protocol exploits, rug-pulls, and hacks have been on the ringside. To add, well-known crypto exchange Crypto.com reported a loss of $34 million worth of cryptocurrencies from 483 users. Nearly $19 million worth of Bitcoin and $15 million worth of Ethereum were also exploited. Several other cryptocurrencies were also affected by the incident.
- Memories of 33x Fresh as AstroSwap Launches on Velas Chain
- Trace Network Lab’s $TRACE Token to be Listed on Huobi Global
- Centrifuge Acquires Polkadot Parachain Slot, Rules DeFi Ecosystem
- NBA Star Lebron James Partners With Crypto.com for Web3 Education
- Shiba Inu Teaser Survey: Rumors Speculates SHIB and Netflix Collaboration