- Sushiverse is collaborating with 14-year-old Art Prodigy Laya Mathikshara.
- Laya will design 100 pieces of 3 unique artworks.
- Users who buy previous “Gen Ichi” collection will receive an NFT via airdrop from the new collection.
At this point, it has become a right of passage for digital artists to offer at least one of their pieces for sale as an NFT. There is good reason for this too, as NFTs have become one of the most valuable digital assets of the last few years, with many of them selling for significant amounts of money.
One of the latest artists to offer their work as NFTs is Laya Mathikshara, a 14-year old Chennai-based art prodigy who gained worldwide acclaim for her artwork last year. Now, Mathikshara has announced an incoming collaboration with Sushiverse, a popular NFT marketplace.
Details of the Partnership
As per the official announcement, Mathikshara will design 100 pieces of 3 unique artworks as part of this collaboration. However, the 100 pieces of each artwork will be created with slightly different proportions and this means that some will be rarer than others.
It was also announced that the pieces will be 3D alien-like sushi characters designed by Mathikshara and Sushiverse. The collection to be released was inspired by an existing Suishiverse collection called “Gen Ichi” and will be made available from the end of November.
The collection is to serve as an early Christmas present to Sushiverse community members and those who own at least one of Sushiverse’s ‘Gen Ichi’ collection will be able to potentially receive an NFT via airdrop from the ‘Sushiverse x Laya Mathikshara’ collection by completing a number of puzzles.
Mathikshara first began creating NFTs during the first lockdown of 2020 and has received global acclaim for her pieces, selling her first NFT earlier this year. With such a high-profile artist attached to this collaboration, Sushiverse is likely to see a sold-out collection on its hands.
Art and NFTs
With the success that NFTs have seen in the larger market, we can expect that even more high-profile artists will release their works in that format. Not only does it give the artists a chance to monetize their works but the fans a chance to support them as well.
- India PM Speaks Cryptos in Sydney Dialogue, Is India Adopting Soon?
- A 14-Year-Old Girl Earns $1M in 10 Minutes After Selling Belugies NFT
- Agora Tech Lab (ATL) — Boosting Waste Management Through Blockchain
- Play-to-Earn Game MonkeyBall Selected as the Launch Partner of StarLaunch
- Japanese-themed Gaming Project Zuki Moba Raises $1.4M to Boost the Future of Blockchain Gaming