- Tezos is launching community grant programs to support builders in its community.
- The platform has grown monumentally in 2021 and will be able to achieve further growth with this move.
- Grants are sectioned regionally, with different eligibility and funding levels.
Tezos is looking to support builders and creators exploring the Tezos community. The global blockchain ecosystem has announced today a new grant program to provide funding for projects on the platform.
These funding programs will be accessible to grantees from around the world while being managed from regional ecosystem hubs. With this move, Tezos aims to expand developer talent and grassroots activity within its community.
2021 has marked monumental growth records for Tezos. Being one of the more seasoned blockchain ecosystems in the industry, it has done well to retain its value proposition. As per the latest reports, network activity on the platform is up by over 1,200 percent and contract calls have risen to above 2 million per month.
Now, with these grant programs, the blockchain will encourage further ideas, individuals, and organizations that work with Tezos.
About the grants, Tezos has stated that grant programs will range in requirements and funding levels depending on geographic considerations. However, recipients can also apply for additional grants if needed. More information is expected to be released later.
Details about Tezos’ different programs are given below.
- Tezos Commons, an organization that works to empower local communities, will offer community grants up to $10,000 for participants in North America. Its focus is supporting builders in the Tezos ecosystem.
- TZ APAC will offer growth grants with the objective of cultivating new ideas through small-level funding. It is one of the leading Asia adoption entities supporting the Tezos ecosystem.
- Tezos India which focuses on the growing Tezos community in India will partner with TZ APAC for the growth grant programs. It will build further on the already existing Tezos India Fellowship.
- TZ Connect, which is based in Berlin, works to advance the Tezos ecosystem. It will debut mentorship and entrepreneurial residency programs as part of the community grants initiative.
- Tezos Israel is an innovation lab serving the country in education, training, and adoption of blockchain technology. It aims to fund students and developers looking to build DApps.
- Tezos Africa, which targets an increase in the adoption of Tezos in the region, will offer grants to support projects that are uniquely tailored to solve local challenges within Africa.