- Based on Defi Pulse statistics, the DeFi’s TVL has raised to $78 billion in August.
- Aave goes first in the list with the most locked value of $14.5 billion.
According to DeFi Pulse chart, the total value locked (TVL) in all decentralized finance (DeFi) has gone up to 78 billion USD. To put it simply, TVL represents the number of assets that are currently being staked in a specific protocol.
Moreover, this value is not meant to represent the number of outstanding loans. Instead, it represents the total amount of underlying supply that is being secured by a specific application by DeFi completely.
Aave goes first in the list with the most locked value of $14.5 billion, followed by Compound ($9.98B), and Curve Finance ($9.70B). Meanwhile, the B.Protocol and dForce gained around 21% in the last 24 hours. On the other hand, Pickle Finance has lost -26.58%.
Remarkably, TVL has become the most common metric used to measure the growth of DeFi industry on Ethereum. It has been used to check the overall performance of the DeFi and yielding market. Calculating the supply, the maximum supply, and the current price.
The Defi sector has been on a roll this year, after hitting $50B on May, it has raised more than 50% in 3 months . Of note, the last all-time high of around $90 billion was hit on the first week of May 2021.
- Top Gainers in Last 24h: XDC, EGLD, HOT, HNT, CHZ
- Dogecoin-Themed Hot Dogs Pack Gets $15,000 in Auction
- Ted Cruz Tweets Anger After Senate Disagreement Over Crypto
- BTC Forms a Bullish Weekly Candle, Smashes Its Previous Resistance
- Voxel Bridge Brings Art to the Center of Blockchain Scene at Vancouver Biennale