- Members of the Reddit forum WallStreetBets were targeted by crypto scammers
- 3,451 Binance Coin (BNB), around $2.1 million worth were taken
- The scammers offered “WSB Finance” token before it’s listed in exchanges
Recently, members of the r/WallStreetBets subreddit were targeted by a Telegram-based initial coin offering scam. The scammers took $2.1 million dollars worth of Binance Coin (BNB) and never delivered the WSB Finance tokens that they offered.
According to Bloomberg, the pre-mine sale accepted BNB and ETH in exchange for WSB Finance. However, the buyers never received any tokens after sending their BNBs to the scammers’ BNB wallet.
Shortly after, the Telegram scammers announced that there was a problem with the transactions. They urged users to send an equal amount to the wallets again or they would lose their initial investment.
Since then, the account “WallStreetBets – Crypto Pumps” has been deleted from Telegram. But the scammers left a message to the victims saying:
“Buying lambo now.”
- 3 Reasons Why Ethereum Classic Has Surged to a New ATH
- Crypto Payment Provider Simplex Acquired for $250 Million by Nuvei
- Bank of England Governor Says Bitcoin Investors Could Lose All Their Money